thread… a festival of textiles returns this autumn!
Join us Sat 19 September 2020 9am – 5pm
Have you been stitching and sewing your way through the pandemic? We’re celebrating the reopening of the Maltings with the return of our thread festival this September. Join us in person to top up your supplies and visit with our exhibitors who will be spaced out across the building. Learn something new in one of our workshops (limited spaces available!), or tune in to our Instagram for digital talks and interviews with special guests.
What we’re doing to keep you safe at thread
- Mandatory advanced ticketing with timed entry to the festival to control visitor numbers
- One-way system throughout the building and exhibitors
- Social distancing between exhibitors and reduced number of exhibitors in rooms for additional space
- Social distancing in workshops with limited spaces available
- Frequent cleaning throughout the building
- Hand sanitiser on entry and at various points around the building
- Face coverings will be required
- Reduced seating in the cafe and throughout the building
- Takeaway only from our foyer bar
Please check back frequently as we add more details, and make sure you’re following us on Instagram! Tickets will be available soon!
The thread festival is sponsored by