We are looking for applications for stands in the marketplace including artisan fabrics, dressmaking fabrics and patterns and haberdashery, plus lifestyle products from designer makers working with weave, print, and embroidery.
The show offers opportunities to well established practitioners as well as first time exhibitors and graduates. As we receive more applications than we can accept please take a look at the selection criteria below for more details.
Why exhibit at Farnham Maltings?
The Maltings is an historic 18th century brewery with a number of beautiful beamed rooms across which the show takes place. On a day to day basis the collection of buildings hosts a range of studios including printers and picture framers together with 6 resident theatre and dance companies who produce and tour work regionally, nationally and internationally. We offer a varied programme including theatre, cinema, craft, music, workshops and more.
We are a small but friendly team curating a craft festival programme comprising unravel… a festival of knitting, and festival of crafts attracting an annual audience of over 6,000 visitors including craft enthusiasts, art students, stylish shoppers, DIY-ers, and indie bloggers.
‘It was such a great event to be part of and everyone involved in the organising were just so friendly and helpful especially in locating me a table and extra chair, even the little chocolate half way through the day was just a little thing that was just so lovely!’
Holly Levell, stallholder
Farnham Maltings is also home to several other visiting national craft events including Art in Clay, Sugarcraft and the Quilters Fair.
Farnham boasts a wealthy tradition in the crafts and has recently been recognised as England’s first craft town. We are next door to the New Ashgate Gallery, home of the Rising Stars touring exhibition and a 5 minute walk from the Craft Study Centre, home of the National Craft Collection and UCA Farnham, one of the few universities with a dedicated craft department. We are a 2 minute walk from the town centre where there are plenty of public car parks and Farnham Train Station is a 5 minute walk away with trains to and from London Waterloo running every 30 minutes and under an hour’s journey.
Deadline for applications: Monday 24 March 2014
To apply for a stand at festival of crafts please complete and return the attached application form here by Monday 17 March 2014 to email@example.com
thread is a curated show, stands are not selected on a first come first serve basis. Selection is made by a panel who take into consideration the following:
- How your items fit in with our ethos of festival of crafts which is a showcase for contemporary lifestyle craft with a modern design aesthetic
- Items must be designed or made by the exhibitor
- How your items are represented in your supplied photos/website
- If the range of work falls into more than one category, then the organiser reserves the right to specify that only one part of the range is eligible for display
- If a joint application, the cohesive nature of the work and why it should be a shared stand, individual makers from joint applications will not be selected separately
- If a returning exhibitor, what new items you intend to show since participating in or applying to past festivals, so we can keep the festival fresh and engaging for our returning audience
- How your work fits in with the range of disciplines available at festival of crafts